I'll show you the main steps for making the ice cream machine and ice cream here. I also presented the material in our exhibition on 'Learning is Delicious.' Check it out to see all in action.
Ice cream machine
- The Materials
- The Tools
- Attaching The Parts of the Machine
The materials you really need are:
- A motor
- Number 3 screws
- A switch
- A metal tin can
- A plastic container
- A caliper
- Soldering paste
- Electric tape
- Acrylic glue
- Duct tape
The tools you need are:
- A laser cutter for cutting the acrylics.
- A soldering station for attaching the wires
Attaching the parts of the machine
Some things for making ice cream machines are easy and some are dangerous. Easy things are cutting on the laser cutter, and the hard part is designing. Some parts are dangerous. Soldering can be dangerous because the soldering station is very hot. We solder to attach the motor and cables. It is very important.
Soldering is very important because it is for at least two things:
- The motor
- The cables
You should never touch the soldering station because it is very,very hot. It can really,really burn your finger. These are things you need:
- A mouth cover
The tapes you need are electric tape and duct tape. Duct tape is for the acrylics to make them stand and electric tape is for covering the soldered wires. If there was no electric tape or duct tape, you would not be able to make an ice cream machine.
The only glue you need is Acrylic Cement for gluing the acrylics. It is for:
- The mixer
- The cross
- The part that the motor goes in
The acrylic cement has a very toxic smell and it is very strong , too. This is what you need to wear:
- An apron so it does not get on you
- A mouth cover so it does not make you smell
- Goggles so it does not get in your eyes
Ice cream recipe
- First you put 1 cup of heavy cream.
- Then you put 1/2 (half) a cup of milk.
- Then you put a 1/4 (quarter) cup of sugar.
- Then you put 1 teaspoon of vanilla, then you put everything through the funnel.
- You put the tin can in the ice cream machine.
- You put the ice to make the ice cream cold and the sodium to make the ice stay cold.
- You put the ice cream (in the tin can) in the freezer and then you let it stay in there for a few days.
- You open the freezer a few days later and then you have yummy, yummy ice cream.