We're looking for inspiring educators who are designers.
We’re looking for educators with a passion for personalizing learning for each and every student.
We’re looking for educators who model a growth mindset for students.
We’re looking for educators who are their best when being creative and in a collaborative learning and working environment.
If you are looking for an opportunity to grow and innovate, we would love to hear from you. Our compensation is highly competitive.
+ Middle School Teacher
Start: Summer 2019
Portfolio currently serves students from K-5, and is adding a grade each year to ultimately comprise K-12.
APTITUDES AND INTERESTS
- Enthusiasm for supporting, and collaborating with, middle school students; appreciation for the joy and complexity of working with students in grades 4-8.
- Interest in working in an innovative school with a focus on project-based learning, and a grounding in an authentically multidisciplinary, team-based approach to education.
- Appreciation for, and commitment to, diversity and social justice in multiple forms.
- Flexibility and ability to embrace change and adapt to new situations.
- Interest in helping to build and shape the middle school at Portfolio.
- Ability to develop curriculum, construct and implement innovative lessons, and share best practices.
- Commitment to a growth mindset wherein open, respectful feedback is valued, and professional growth and learning are central to the culture of the school.
- Ability to teach differentiated lessons and build projects that are accessible to different kinds of learners.
- Enthusiasm for partnering with parents.
- Commitment to collaborating closely with colleagues, and to working in a closely-knit team.
- Thrives in an open space environment.
- Interest in supporting, and developing, performance-based, skill-centered, holistic assessments.
- 5+ years experience teaching at the Middle School level.
- Experience working in an interdisciplinary project-based environment desired.
- Experience working in a collaborative, open environment valued.
- Experience developing middle school curriculum desired.
- Bachelor's degree required, Master’s degree in related field preferred.
If you are interested in this position, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org; we will respond if we wish to pursue your candidacy. Thank you for your interest in Portfolio School.